Bigly Software built the BiglyBT app as an Open Source app. This SERVICE is provided by Bigly Software at no cost and is intended for use as is.
This page is used to inform website visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our Service.
Information Collection and Use
We do not send logs and have no knowledge regarding what specific content you download or share, with whom you download it from, or with whom you share it with. This information resides only on your computer and never touches our servers, or in some cases is protected with encryption.
The app does use third party services that may collect information used to identify you.
Anonymous user statistics are collected using Google Analytics. The data collected cannot be used to identify individual users, and is used to gather statistics on how the platform and app is used in order to obtain feedback on how to improve the app. Users can opt-out of mobile analytics by unselecting the collect anonymous data checkbox in the About window in the app.
Generally, Google Analytics collects:
- Generic device information such as device name, type, resolution, model. It does not collect a device id, or any information that can identify your specific device.
- General demographic information based on your IP, such as country and city. It does not use your GPS to determine your location.
- Which screens in the app you view.
- What app version you are using.
- How long you use the app.
- Crash information. This includes the exception name and stack trace. It does not include personally identifiable data.
In addition to the standard Google Analytics data, we record:
- Type of Android device: TV, Appliance, Desktop, Car, Watch, Phone (and screen size: L, N, S, XL). Google Analytics already records this, but we add additional detection for TV devices.
- Client Type: Whether you are using the app to connect to a remote BiglyBT, a local BiglyBT, or a Transmission client.
- RPC Version: What RPC version the client is talking to. This helps determine whether we support older clients.
- Remote Version: The client version that BiglyBT is controlling, such as "220.127.116.11". This helps determine whether we support older clients.
- Major app actions: For example, we record if you ever create a profile, or use succesfully use the Open Torrent dialog. While these events are already recorded via Google Analytics default screen events, we single out these actions so we can better understand their usage.
When using your Android device as a torrent client, we call our servers from the client to determine your external IP address and whether any part of BiglyBT requires updating. This information does not personally identify you. Your IP is not stored. For a full list of fields sent to our servers, see BiglyBT's wiki page on data sent
When using your Android device to remotely control a BiglyBT or compatible desktop client, we call our servers to look up your desktop computer's connection information, so that the app can connect to it.
When using your Android device to remotely control a Transmission API desktop client, no calls to BiglyBT servers are done.Log Data
We want to inform you that whenever you use our Service, in a case of an error in the app we collect data and information (through third party products) on your phone called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your device Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device name, operating system version, the configuration of the app when utilizing our Service, the time and date of your use of the Service, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amount of data that is commonly used an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your device internal memory.
This Service does not use these “cookies” explicitly. However, the app may use third party code and libraries that use “cookies” to collection information and to improve their services. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your device. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of this Service.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform users of this Service that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
These Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.